Sunday 22 February 2009

John Rocha sexes it up in the city



On Friday, I was lucky enough to attend John Rocha’s show at London Fashion Week, courtesy of my lovely friend Holly. She’s small but cool.
On my way in I eyeballed many a strange outfit. I just couldn’t help BUT look. One of my faves was a woman in her fifties wearing a LBD, wait for it, teamed with a baby pink fluffy hat the size of a small planet. I’d be surprised if she didn’t have to have a separate invite for the thing.

Headgear dramas aside, I had a fashion show to attend.

If you say John Rocha to someone, the response will often be ‘Debenhams.’ Which conjures up horrendous slip dresses and cardies fit for the forties and above.

The catwalk show, however, displayed classic black feminine tailoring with splashes of scarlet and nudes. Faux fur and chiffon were key fabrics, creating texture and movement. The collection oozed relaxed luxury with defined shapes being created effortlessly. Silhouettes ranged from billowing shapeless coats to hourglass inducing jackets. Shiny nickel coloured dresses became futuristic with sculpted oversized shoulders.

The headpieces were chunky and fantastic. They reminded me immediately of a particular episode of Sex and The City.




Carrie leads the way

No comments:

Post a Comment